Tuesday, September 16, 2014

God Wants To


As some of you know, I lost my stepmother at the end of February. Like my mother’s illness, there was a great deal of suffering involved, but we had no idea that she would be leaving this world.

She and my father had been married almost 24 years. I lost my mother at 18, so this lady had a special place in my heart also. Still today, I hope that she knew how much I loved her.

Following her passing, I was concerned about my father. He lives 35 miles away.  I wished that I could prepare meals for him daily, be there for him so that he would not be lonely and to help him with things that needed to be done. Of course, he did not think any of that was necessary, but he was still on my mind, and in my thoughts and prayers a great deal.

So, I began calling him every night. ..just to check in, say hello, let him know that I love him and care.

For the most part, I am still doing that…because I love him. It just occurred to me tonight that if I would do that for someone I love, how much more so would God do that for me?

God knows our struggles. He wants to provide for us. He wants to help us. And yes, every day, He calls…He does those little things that say to us, “I love you.” We are His children, and we are on His mind.

God has promised us never to leave us, nor forsake us. Why do we find that so hard to believe? Stop and think…what would you do for your child, a parent, or someone you love? Certainly God wants to do the same and even more for us.
Start believing in God's promises today. Allow Him to minister to your needs…He loves you and He wants to.
Be Blessed, In Jesus' Name,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment