Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Satan...You Just Messed Up


I can remember times of great trials in my life. I can remember times when things seemed more "overwhelming" in my life than others. These are the very things, that when they were all over... gave me the most gratitude. Being free from the worry, the bother, and the stress of these things gave me great joy…greater joy than from my deliverance from of less significant trials and distresses. Therefore, I was more thankful, and I praised God more.

Now, I can “remember the time when…”, and tell my story to someone who is in a life struggle. Amazingly, what the devil meant for harm…what he meant to use to destroy me, tried to use  to cause doubt in God or in my faith… brought forth the strongest testimonies, not to mention a heart full of gratitude and praise. Christian, when the devil brings a storm, devastation, or heartache into your life, he just shot himself in the foot! God is a good and merciful God. His Word tells us that His truth endures forever.  What He has told us He will do, He will do. God is a God of promise, and He is not a man that He should lie!

Trials in your life may feel bigger than you are right now. Rejoice in knowing that the promises of God are true and that from them (and I cannot tell you how or when) will emerge a great testimony that you will be able to use to encourage others and to point them to God. They are glorious stories that you will tell your children and your children’s children. These are stories that will demonstrate God’s faithfulness…stories that solidify faith, stories that are a testament of God’s attributes and character, stories that will strengthen others…stories that can be passed on from generation to generation.

 "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him and bless His Name. For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations.” Psalm 100:4-5 (KJV)
Be Blessed, In Jesus' Name,
Angie

1 comment: