Tuesday, July 8, 2014

In the flow…


     Laying across the seat of the front porch swing, I listened for the sounds of nature…birds, frogs and insects that filled the air with the soothing sounds of summer. A gentle breeze delicately moved the hanging chimes and filled my ears with a song of heaven.
     No man made that breeze…it was the breath of God, and by His design, each resonating note became part of an arrangement that filled my soul with a longing for God…to hear more of His voice, to see more of His hand, and His manifest glory. Most of all, it filled me with a longing to be more "in the flow".

     Like the birds, frogs and insects…human beings are always able to make sound. We have voices that are capable of the expression of delight or disdain, joy or pain; words that tear down or build up, create peace or start wars; words of our own choice, self-willed, sometimes random, senseless and unproductive; sounds that have little meaning...

     I want to be more like the chimes…in the flow of the Presence of God. At His will, to move, to speak words that He creates in me…in His time, in His season. Unlike the tones of simple words, I want His Word to resonate through me and ring in love and kingdom purpose, comfort, and encouragement. I want to be His vessel, to be filled with His voice…

     Chimes are useless hanging in a closet. They must be positioned in an open area…where the wind is unobstructed. Sin, shame, anger and fear seclude and isolate…they are places of darkness and block the very breath of God and refreshing blessings that He desires to move in. Freedom in and through Christ Jesus brings us into the glorious light of God’s Presence and into the flow of His love. To be in that flow, I must find myself in a place of repentance and forgiveness…free and not tangled in the grip of sin.  

     In mysterious expectation, in His will, I must be still and know that He is God. I desire to be freely submitted to Him in the winds of change, moving in the breath of His Word and call…an instrument of the expression of His love…subject to an arrangement of words spoken and orchestrated by His will, played in His timing, through His Holy Spirit…in the flow…

     LORD, let my life be Your music, Your song. Your melody brings peace, Your lyrics changes lives, communities, and cultures. Let Your Spirit flow through me. Word of God speak…I will sing of Your love forever...

Be blessed, In Jesus’ Name,

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment